The time has finally come: You want to take the next big step and buy a house! Now you should not act in haste. What is important in terms of financing plan and personal requirements for the house? What preparations you should make? Here you can find out!
You want to buy a house in Wuppertal? Then it is advisable to prepare well: How do I finance my house?? What should be the location around the house? What is important during the inspection? The following tips will help you to familiarize yourself with the topic of buying a house.
1. Tip: Check your own financial situation before buying a house
If you want to buy a house, it is advisable to get an overview of your own financial situation. You can see at a glance how much money you have available each month, for example to pay off a home purchase loan in installments. The first step is to prepare a budget statement in which you list all income and expenses. The second step is to consider how safe your current workplace is. In the event of a loss of earnings, it is important to still be able to pay monthly installments.
By the way, it makes sense to be able to cover the purchase price of a house with about 20 to 30 percent equity capital. The higher your equity, the lower the loan amounts, of course. Therefore, when checking your own financial situation, make sure you know how much equity you could bring in.
2. Tip: Plan real estate financing
As a buyer of a house you should prepare well. High demand for real estate in Germany's major cities is also driving up prices. In addition, you must expect that there are other interested parties for a house in Wuppertal. It is therefore important that you prepare your real estate financing well:
- How much money you have available each month to repay a real estate loan?
- How much equity do you have?
- What is the maximum budget you can afford, taking into account your own capital?
- In what amount does your savings bank provide you with a loan?
Only after you have made sure you will be granted a property loan should you start your property search. This will save a lot of time and you can already narrow down which homes you're interested in. In addition, you can tell the seller (or real estate agent) about your preparations – this underpins your interest in buying and may make you stand out from other prospective buyers.
3. Tip: Set up your personal requirements for the house
When it comes to your personal requirements for your new home, you should know not only what you want, but also where you might be able to cut back. Therefore, it is important to think about the following points and their respective priority.
- Where would you like to live? What should the situation be?
- Do you want a garden, one or more garages and/or parking spaces?
- How big should the house be?
- What the neighborhood must offer in terms of schools, daycare centers, shopping, post offices, and recreational opportunities?
- How should the property be connected to buses and trains?
- How should the neighborhood be?
- If you have pets: Is the house suitable for pet-friendly housing?
- Do you want to renovate or should everything be ready for occupancy when you buy??
It is best to answer these questions for yourself calmly – after all, it is about nothing less than buying a house! To this long-term decision also belongs that you take enough time and list your personal desires once clearly.
4. Tip: Start looking for real estate in Wuppertal
You know how much budget you have and what monthly payments you can afford. Your Wuppertal savings bank has already approved you for a loan. Then you can now start looking for your perfect house! But where to start in the first place?
On the Internet, real estate portals offer a good first overview. The Sparkasse real estate portal, for example, will help you in your search. You can enter your desired place of residence as well as the radius, the maximum purchase price and the installment amount. Also, how much living space and rooms you need and what type of property you are basically looking for. In addition to "house", you can thus specify, for example, "apartment", "office/practice" or "land".
Other online portals also offer the possibility to search for a house in Wuppertal. Among them, for example, Immobilienscout24 , Immonet and Immobilo .
5. Tip: Check the location of the house
Have you found a house in Wuppertal, which you like and corresponds to your ideas? Then it is advisable to check the situation carefully. Because nothing is more annoying than discovering disadvantageous aspects after the purchase, such as enormous noise pollution or poor public transport connections!
The reason location plays such an important role is that you need to consider it in two ways. On the one hand you want to live in a nice place, where it is quiet at night and you can reach supermarkets, pharmacies, post office etc. within a short time. would like to reach. On the other hand, the location is also important if you want to sell the house again sometime – this can be the case for very different reasons. A house in a good location will give you considerable advantages as a seller, both in the number of interested parties and in the value of the property.
6. Tip: Be critical when viewing a house
When visiting the house, you should not be blinded by a fresh coat of paint. It is worth asking critical questions to avoid unpleasant surprises later (and possibly even unplanned additional costs)!) to avoid. Important in advance: be sure to make an appointment during daylight hours. Possible defects or damages as well as the general condition of the house can then be better assessed. It is best to take a camera with you.
The following list of questions will help you put the house through its paces during the viewing:
- Why is the house being sold?. what is the reason for the vacancy?
- In what condition are the facade, roof, attic, windows and basement rooms?
- What are the windows and the roof like?
- What renovations or refurbishments have been made in recent years or. basically carried out?
- Why were renovations carried out? Was there possibly mold, asbestos, a problem with moisture or the like?
- How old are the heating system and the insulation?
- How high are the ancillary costs and what is everything included in them?
- Are there any remaining fixtures such as the kitchen or cupboards??
- Is there a current energy certificate?
- What is the incidence of light?
- Where is which compass direction?
Also, ask for an updated floor plan with a drawing of the load-bearing walls. So you can better plan the layout of the premises and have an overview for possible remodeling measures. You should also ask for the last utility bills to see the running costs of the house.
It is also advisable to get to know the neighborhood at the time of the inspection. What does the street look like in general? What is the condition of adjacent houses? There may be a chance that you are already talking to a resident. This will help you to find out whether the location of the house meets your requirements.
Is it possible to build a new house?? If you are interested in a new construction project of Sparkasse Wuppertal, you are welcome to make an appointment for an inspection.
Conclusion: How to buy your house in Wuppertal
The be-all and end-all when buying real estate is good preparation. Finally, you are taking a big step when you buy a house! With our tips, you can best prepare for your real estate financing, property search and home inspection. It is also important to think about your personal requirements and carefully examine a house in this regard. Other critical items include utility costs, the energy performance certificate and the condition of the windows, roof and insulation.
Sparkasse Wuppertal is happy to support you in buying a house. In a personal consultation, we will discuss which financing model is right for you, what you will have to deal with in the buying process and how you can move into your own home as quickly as possible.